Subject: Re: C vs. prototypes (was: Problems with gdb under NetBSD 1.0 )
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.planix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1994 09:50:00
In article <9412192153.AA28155@gw.home.vix.com> you wrote:
: Look, I don't want to rain on anybody's parade here, but I'm a bit
: tired of these diatribes on politically correct compiler design.

Take a pill friend.  It's a small tangent that grew out of the discussion
of problems with gdb on NetBSD.  And it isn't really that off-topic.

: NetBSD is currently using gcc, and I don't know of anybody who has
: plans to offer an alternative, or to implement a free version of lint,
: so these discussions are definitely not germane to the idea of the

So there are no plans now but why should that stop us from talking about
possibilities.  Perhaps someone is thinking about it now because of
this discussion.  I hope that NetBSD isn't so static that there is no
possibility of change and if change is to come I hope it is preceded
by thoughtful discussion.

Of course you realize that you have now started a meta-discussion on
what discussions are allowed.  :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid.com)  |
Planix, Inc.                        |   Democracy is three wolves and a