Subject: Re: AST Problems
To: Jeremy C. McDermond <>
From: Ted Lemon <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1994 16:31:27
This sounds a lot like the problem I was having with the aha0 scsi
driver.   It would time out, and I'd get repeated panics.   I got to
the point of getting the system mostly working when somebody built me
a GENERICAHA kernel with DDB turned on - it would still time out, but
I could continue it and make progress.   I'm now running
NetBSD-current with Charles' new SCSI driver code, and that works
reliably so far - no drops out to DDB.   Unfortunately, in order to
have a properly functioning system, I'm now going to have to rebuild
the world.   Sigh.

I have a Compaq ProSigma 486DX2 box with a BT-747 controller.   What
kind of controller do you have?

Ted Lemon
+1 415 477 5045

Fight to preserve your freedom to program: Join the League for
Programming Freedom!   For info, contact