Subject: patch to make xdm call setlogin()
To: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.oz.au>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/1994 10:04:41
You wrote (in your message from Sat 17)

 > here's a patch to fix that bug in xdm.  can someone who knows what
 > channels to go through to get this fix incorporated in to R6 proper
 > please contact me?  (rather than 10 people all sending it in).

It is already in XFree86 patches to xdm.

The normal channel to get changes integrated in X11R6, is to fill a
bug report. Since NetBSD 1.0 is now out, bug fixes for it can be taken
into account by the X consortium.

There is currently intensive work between the XFree86 project and
Kaleb Keithley from the X Consortium to integrate all non-server diffs
from XFree86 into an official fix.

					Matthieu