Subject: Re: Formal getty replacement yet?
To: None <>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/1994 20:34:00
>From message <>:
: > Has anybody come up with a formal replacement for that pathetic
: > excuse for a getty that is in NetBSD? It doesn't even respect
: > UUCP's lock files!!! I know there are many replacements out there

Well it is getty after all, not uugetty.  It isn't supposed to do
UUCP locking.

: > but has any thought been given to selecting one and making it
: > NetBSD "standard"?

I use mgetty.  I haven't had any problem with that.

: I thought we wanted separate /dev/ttyXX and /dev/cuaXX devices
: instead.

That certainly gets my vote.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain (  |
Planix, Inc.                        |   Democracy is three wolves and a
Toronto, Ontario, Canada            |   sheep voting on what's for dinner.
+1 416 424 2871  (DoD#0082) (eNTP)  |