Subject: Re: Installing into DESTDIR
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/1994 11:47:12
>>>>> "Giles" == Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au> writes:

Giles> On Sun, 11 Dec 1994 07:15:09 -0500 "Charles M. Hannum" wrote:

>> 2 In bsd.dep.mk AINC isn't used when depending C & C++ files so
>> /usr/include is sought instead of $DESTDIR/usr/include.

>> It's not supposed to.  That's why sys.mk modifies CPPFLAGS.

Giles> Then probably bsd.dep.mk should too.  After doing this locally
Giles> 'make depend' and 'make' both work, except for a few subsidiary
Giles> makefiles with further problems.

Are you talking about libgnumalloc.a?  At home I've introduced a
LIBGNUMALLOC variable analogous to all the other LIB* variables and
changed the Makefiles accordingly.  Anyone wanting the patch?

Giles> If this fix is OK, I'll send diffs for the various makefiles as
Giles> well.

If these isn't about libgnumalloc.a, I want them!

Charles, don't forget the fix to /usr/bin/cpp, making it accept the
-idirafter option.  Otherwise the bsd.dep.mk changes won't do much.  I
have a patch at home if it's wanted, otherwise another patch is in PR
misc/627 (I haven't checked this out, so I don't know how well it
does).

Niklas