Subject: timeout leds again, "make" slow
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/1994 23:07:20
1) The PC - timeout updating leds error is back in my 8 Dec 1994 kernel.

2) You know, "make" always seemed slow, especially when echoing multiple
lines out... I suppose my question is, would it be possible to speed up
make - especially in a general case where it would help everything, not
just the occasional makefile that echoes lots of stuff to the tty

3) Can anyone think of a reason not to set hostname during runtime or
multiuser state?  I have a slip line that goes up and down quite a bit
(our service is not too great) and a dynamically allocated IP number.
The simplest sol'n seems to be to just reset the hostname to slip-xx-yy.zz.edu
every time slip goes back up.  Any reason why I shouldn't do this?
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Just the vax-man.  Read my MIPS, no new VAXes!        - PGP key on request