Subject: Re: config.new install?
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: David S. Miller <davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1994 17:35:45
   Date: Sun, 11 Dec 1994 17:30:13 -0500
   From: "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
   Cc: current-users@netbsd.org

	      For a while now, when I compile config.new and subsequently
      try to install it the make runs install without destination
      directories and this make install fails. Has this been addressed
      already?

   Are you trying to compile and install it somewhere other than the
   complete source tree?  It's expecting to get BINDIR from the usr.sbin
   Makefile.inc, and will probably fail in this case.

Yes, this is the case, I just unpacked config.new by itself.

   I guess if we're going to distribute config.new separately, that we
   should account for this.

I agree.

Later,
David S. Miller