Subject: Re: Unix PC port (was Re: CTIX architecture)
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: mat <busy@aloha.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1994 15:27:26
At 12:29 PM 12/10/94, John F. Woods wrote:
>> > Yeah, it would be.  There are 3 or 4 of them here collecting dust, and I
>> > absolutely HATE to see hardware do that.
>
>> I have a commodore 1541 disk drive collecting dust here.  It has
>> a 6502.  Let me know when the port's done.
>
>Sure.  You laugh NOW.  But will you still be laughing after I reveal that,
>about 12 years ago, I used a 6502-based system with virtual memory hardware?
>
>(No, you'll be off in the corner, retching...)
>
>Of course, this merely points out the difference between what CAN be done
>and what SHOULD be done.   :-)

Did someone mention a port to the Apple IIe? I've got some hardware to
'contribute' to the project, as long as someone has a pickup truck. =)

BTW, while we're at it: I have a Pegasus Z-80 CPM machine, around the size
of a 1541 drive. It's since been 'converted' into an external drive
shoebox. Let me know when the port is stable.

alohas!

busy@aloha.com              me!
Resident Quack,            "like a mass of protoplasm out to find pleasure"
Macintosh Geek                              -Hon. Congressman Newt Gingrich