Subject: Installing into DESTDIR
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1994 22:35:22
In order to preserve my old environment during a complete fresh build,
I decided to use the DESTDIR option.  Doing so I have discovered
several problems.

1	/usr/bin/cpp doesn't support the -idirafter option which is
	used in AINC of src/lib/libc/Makefile.

2	In bsd.dep.mk AINC isn't used when depending C & C++ files so
	/usr/include is sought instead of $DESTDIR/usr/include.

3	AINC isn't set apart from the src/lib/libc environment.

Is this intentional.  If I have misunderstood the DESTDIR purpose,
wouldn't it be good to be able to do what I want, i.e. install
everything into DESTDIR, always use $DESTDIR/usr/include, and
$DESTDIR/usr/lib when compiling userprograms.  For the moment, I have
fixes for point 1 & 2 above and working through point 3.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden