Subject: Re: /dev/audio
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1994 16:40:02
[moved from amiga@NetBSD.ORG since this is a generic NetBSD issue]

In article <9412101024.AA18021@zirkon.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>,
Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> wrote:
> On Dec 9,  4:36pm, Ty Sarna wrote:
> > Subject: Re: /dev/audio
> > In article <9412091541.AA17186@zirkon.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>,
> > Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> wrote:
> > >  I would like to know which is the apporpriate place for the lkm_audio
> > > files? /usr/share/lib or somesuch ?
> >
> > Not under /usr/share. Share is for files that can be shared across all
> > architectures, and LKM's definately cannot.
>
>  I meant local instead of share,sorry. But anyway, which is the
> appropriate place then? Is there a place where LKMs are automatically
> linked by some command in rc ? The manpage is not that informative.

I think it makes sense to define a standard place for system-supplied
LKM's, since NetBSD will likely have some eventually (things like
kernfs, procfs, SysV IPC, etc could and probably should be made into
demand-loaded lkms).  How about /usr/libexec/lkm or even /usr/lkm?

--
Ty Sarna                 "You know, we live in the age of the superhighway
tsarna@endicor.com        information network thing..." -- Dave Letterman