Subject: /sys vs. /usr/src/sys
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1994 20:52:07
I noticed that ktrace seems to include "/sys/kern/something-or-other.h".
I got rid of my /sys link from /usr/src/sys a while back... I thought it
a remnant from the 386BSD-0.1 patchkit days.  Can we ditch that?  Or does
FFS stand for "Flat File System" ;-)

miscellany: How can you get deferred mail in the mqueue to attempt to
resend?  I've got 8+ msgs in there.

offer: I've got a modified version of /etc/security that will run from
floppy, and a crunched filesystem to go with it.  If anyone wants a copy,
I can put it up for FTP somewhere (send me a site if you can).  In general,
I prefer to have a security sweeper on seperate media so that if the main
system/disk may be compromised, I can be reasonably sure of detecting it.

pas-16: If you're working on a driver for it, please mail me with the status.
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Just the vax-man.  Read my MIPS, no new VAXes!        - PGP key on request