Subject: Re: CTIX architecture
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1994 16:52:23
In article <199412090305.AA29569@rocinante.digex.net>,
Dave McGuire  <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net> wrote:
> > The UNIX PC is an '010 that demand pages.
>
>   3B1 port!  3B1 port! :) :) :)
>
>   Jeeze...Most of those machines had 512k of RAM... :-/

Yep. Maxed out at 4M. Most only have only 5-20M of disk too, and disk
maxes out at 160M or so I think, if you do all the hacks.

SVR3+BSD extensions with demand paging, shared libraries, a GUI, and
MS-DOS floppy support that ran on 512K ram/5M disk. It was a wonder in
it's day. Don't think NetBSD is ever going to run on it, though. (You
can consider that a challenge :->)

--
Ty Sarna                 "You know, we live in the age of the superhighway
tsarna@endicor.com        information network thing..." -- Dave Letterman