Subject: Re: CTIX architecture
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@spinne.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/1994 09:59:22

On December  7, David Maxwell (Me,Myself, and I) wrote:
> > Is there any interest out there in getting a NetBSD port running on a
> > Convergent Technologies (CTIX) machine?
> >
> > M68000 CPU, ST506 and SCSI (and SMD) drives, multi-port serial cards, and a
> > VME bus.

Dave McGuire replied:

>   Seems to me that if it's a 68000 (not 68020) it would be a bit of a
> problem...but if it's an '020 or better, it's probably just a matter
> of device drivers.

Oops! Let me restate that as m68k series CPUs. These all already run Unix,
but an old,old,old version not longer being maintained or updated. All the
ones I know of are '020 or better. I'd be surprised if they'd gotten Memory
management running on any older chip ;-)

							David Maxwell
							david@web.net