Subject: LKM in -current slightly broken
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1994 19:03:33
In sys/lkm.h there is a macro called DISPATCH which uses the nosys
function as an exceptional value for some macro arguments otherwise
supposed to be functions with a (struct lkm_table, int) signature.
As nosys is prototyped as (struct proc *, void *, register_t *) in
systm.h, expansions of DISPATCH will fail with a "to few arguments to
function" error.  The real solution is of course to sacrifice backward
compatibility for LKMs and introduce a lkm_nocmd or something to use
instead of nosys, but in order to be backward compatible, perhaps just
casts should be used to make DISPATCH type-correct?  If someone from
core will tell me which way to go, I can submit a patch, unless they
beat me to the punch of course.

Niklas