Subject: What's "different" about NetBSD slip/ppp?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@cloud9.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1994 01:36:40
I have a terminal server to which I can't get packets through after connecting
to it with either slip or ppp on my NetBSD machine.  If I'm using PPP, the
connection comes up all the way, according to pppd, but then attempts to ping,
telnet, or otherwise talk to said terminal server yield nothing.  The packets
seem to vanish into the void.  In fact, watching my modem lights indicate
that the terminal server never sends anything back at all.

I can connect to said terminal server just fine with MacPPP on a Mac, NCSA
SLIP on a msdog machine, and the free PPP on a NeXT.  But with my NetBSD
machine, both SLIP and PPP are no-go.

Anyone have an idea why?  If a responsible party wants to investigate this,
I can arrange an account to dial into said terminal server for testing.

Thor