Subject: Re: benchmarks... (was: Re: More on UFS performance)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: George Michaelson <G.Michaelson@cc.uq.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1994 10:48:24
Oh pluh-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE can we leave this kind of traffic in netnews
where it belongs?

I don't mind the egos, I don't mind being ignored (90% of what I've
submitted was drivel) I don't mind delay or lack of response or even
undocumented changes.

I just want somebody to keep beating up on 4.4 derived code in a platform
independant-ish fashion. If this falls apart, what we're left with is
worse than a few bruised egos.

Its substantially free effort. If the core have their own agenda, I can
live with that: I'm getting CONSIDERABLY more than I'm paying for come
what may.

Its nearly christmas, some people clearly have lives outside of a keyboard.
Why not let them deal with backlogs and settle down on 1.0 until '95?

back off people. Its not worth another bust-up.

-George