Subject: Weird ld problems under current?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@cloud9.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1994 14:16:24
I've been trying to rebuild user-land for most of a week now, constantly
supping to keep it up-to-date.  My ld is dated Oct 19, so I guess it's
probably still from 1.0.  (didn't "make build" used to install a new cc and
ld along with the new libs, or am I just confused?)

Now, I can't build any of the larger programs in the tree.  Haven't tried
building anything else lately, but vi,sendmail,tcpdump,ld (!) and a bunch
of others all give an error like:

ld: internal error: wrote wrong number of symbols to object file (expected
1667, wrote 1663)

This is really frustrating.  Has anyone else seen this?