Subject: Re: Feelings (Re: benchmarks...)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1994 17:10:47
In article <199412051448.JAA24633@epiwrl.entropic.com> kenh@entropic.com (Ken Hornstein) writes:
>>> Save the world!  Contribute to NetBSD!  B-)
>>>[...]
>>>
>>I'd like to...but how?  I have gotten the feeling that there is no
>>functioning back-channel for contributing stuff.  Specifically,
>>[...]
>I wasn't going to say anything, but since someone else feels like I do ....
>[...]
>I don't mind feedback that says my patch sucks (well, ok, I _do_ mind that a
>bit :-) ), or an explanation of why it won't be included, or a suggested change
>that should be made.  But I don't know how to take complete silence.  Am I
>doing something wrong?

No, you are not doing anything wrong. It just takes much more time than
you think to get stuff integrated... And the silence... You get used to
it. Keep sending mail, and hopefully someone will answer. The problem
is that everyone is too busy with their own task, and there is no general
dispatcher for fixes. Sometimes everyone says: someone else will do this,
so it never gets done.

All this of course is my opinion,

christos