Subject: Re: benchmarks... (was: Re: More on UFS performance)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1994 09:48:42
>>> I want to see a day where I never ever install an OS that I can't
>>> look at the source to without signing away my ability to write free
>>> code on that machine for the next 7 years, this is complete crapola.
>
>> Save the world!  Contribute to NetBSD!  B-)
>
>> Seriously, that only happens if people contribute -- code, answering
>> questions, hardware to port to, perhaps even money.  The project
>> works, so far, largely because of the two machines that Chris has
>> personally devoted to it, and because I spend far, far too much time
>> working on it.  Other people need to get more involved.
>
>I'd like to...but how?  I have gotten the feeling that there is no
>functioning back-channel for contributing stuff.  Specifically,
>[...]

I wasn't going to say anything, but since someone else feels like I do ....

I have also written some bits that I thought were generally useful, and have
submitted them (in particular, I submitted a patch via send-pr for disklabel
that would hopefully go a long way towards people not trashing their DOS
partitions anymore).  I understand that was around release time, so it
obviously wouldn't make it into 1.0, but I didn't hear anything about it then
or now.

I don't mind feedback that says my patch sucks (well, ok, I _do_ mind that a
bit :-) ), or an explanation of why it won't be included, or a suggested change
that should be made.  But I don't know how to take complete silence.  Am I
doing something wrong?

--Ken