Subject: Cryix v. Intel
To: None <>
From: Greg Spiegelberg <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1994 18:52:37
I posted a while ago about problems occurring with NetBSD and my
system.  I'm happy to say that it seems to have been my CPU.  It
use to be a 33MHz Cyrix but I just recently installed a 66MHz Intel
in it's place & reinstalled.

Everything works beautifully.  Gcc compiles without a hitch.  My
file systems haven't been losing files.  And, of course, it's running
faster (hence 33 v. 66 & bigger is better).

If there's any other tests that I can perform to ensure that the CPU
was the problem, please let me know.  It's always good to double
check on things.

Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg		      SAIC UNIX Systems Admin Dude
RidgeNet, Ridgecrest, Ca.
	 My views are hardly reasonable or credible thus are
		contrary to others including SAICs.