Subject: Re: NetBSD /dev/audio
To: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1994 14:01:06
Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov>  wrote:
 > My biggest problem with it is that recording does not work.
 > "cat /dev/audio > foo.au" just sits there until I ^C it.

I know. This is a problem. I was going to get 'play' working right
before I bothered to tackle 'record'.

 > Is it the driver or am I using it wrong?

A.

 > Why is the L*NUX driver so much more advanced (mixing capabilites etc)?

'cuz more people have cared about it in the past... There's a reason
that 'bsd_audio.c' is only at revision 1.4 (those 4 changes probably
having little to do with bug fixes and much to do with updating
for new config, interrupt handling, etc etc etc).