Subject: Re: More on UFS performance
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
From: Ted Lemon <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1994 09:35:30
> I hope I'm not annoying anyone by going on at such length about this; I've
> been installing a lot of NetBSD systems in commercial uses and it seems to
> me that the more performance measurement we do, the better off everyone is.

Definitely not.  We've already seen a good suggestion for why you
might be losing.  My goal in running NetBSD is to be a part of the
process of developing the best operating system out there, and it
won't get that way if we don't do performance measurements.  I was
very happy to see your benchmarks.

Ted Lemon		      Wells Fargo Bank, Information Protection Division					+1 415 477 5045