Subject: BT-946C
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@nirvana.good.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1994 20:48:24
Well, I lied...the BT-946C works for me, with the NCR.  It turns out that
(unlike every other PCI motherboard I've worked with) the ASUS SP3G motherboard
is completely PCI 2.0 compliant.  It properly autoconfigs (in a fashion)
everything.  You assign an IRQ to a PCI slot in the PCI BIOS, the autoconfig
does the rest.

This meant, for the BT-946C, the two jumpers that control how and if to
autoconfig, had to be removed, which meant autoconfig everything.

The only minor down side with NetBSD is that you have to have the 946
autoconfig to a known IO port or the probe doesn't find it.  This is
easy with the "Autoconfig to default" option.
--
Mark Gooderum
mark@good.com