Subject: Re: package tools, a bunch of packages
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
From: mat <busy@aloha.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1994 14:20:54
At 8:36 AM 11/28/94, Herb Peyerl wrote:
>John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.blrc.ma.us>  wrote:
> > I got fed up at the lack of package tools, and snatched the FreeBSD ones
> > and then wacked on them substantially to beat them into better shape.
>
>I think this is a great idea... I can't provide the ftp site given that
>we have 'peasant' access to the net, but I'd like to add that some of the
>other ports might want to do packages of their own.

I have some free space, how large is the whole package?

The only hangups are 1) my ftp server is a Mac II (use your imagination);
2) you can only get the URL for it off my home page; and 3) that's because
it's offline sometime.

My *home page* should _always_ be available, though. It'll have a link to a
http server and ftp server on my local machine, if we're connected. If not,
try again later! =)

If you like, drop 'em in 'incoming/netbsd', I allready have a bunch of
other macbsd-1.0 stuff online.

busy@aloha.com
Resident Quack,               "NEVER INSTALL LOTS OF NEW SOFTWARE AT ONCE."
Macintosh Geek                       --Mike Landis, mdl@macbeth.cs.duke.edu