Subject: Re: (fwd) NetBSD URL?
To: Michael K. Sanders <>
From: Mark F Willey <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1994 17:34:54
"In a previous message, Michael K. Sanders wrote:"
> Is anyone working on a NetBSD HTML page? I'm thinking of doing one,
> but if there's already one out there I'd like to know so I don't waste
> my time. :)

I'm working on one.  So far, I've broken it up into the following major
introduction - guess ;-)
BSD - talking about Net/2 and 4.4-lite aspects (ie, it is real BSD)
ports - arch. that we are ported to, w/ pointers to port info and
     web pages
news - resources on the net (news, FAQ, WWW, ftp, etc)
pointers - references to similar topics
current - info about NetBSD-current (w/ vague + nebulous icon)  ;-)

Also, come January, my machine will be directly connected via ethernet so I
will have the resources to put the entire uncompressed source tree on the
net as well - a la "minnie".

I was also thinking of a way to have examples of sites/configurations that
demonstrate the stability and value of NetBSD.

If you or anyone else would like to help, I'd live to have partners in
this...  ;-)  And criticism in a while, especially about my funky blue,
yellow, and red icons.  :)

Currently, I'm doing the work on my local machine, but now that there's
others interested, I'll put it on an internet server.  I'll tar it up and
put it on by Saturday evening.

For those of you that can't wait, there's a pretty crude 'free unix' info
page on the abovementioned server.  It's probably horribly outdated, but
then, I just made it for my own use mostly.  The working URLs from that one
are also referenced in one way or another on my NetBSD-specific page.