Subject: Cryix caching problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Spiegelberg <gspiegel@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1994 14:12:38
After getting advice on how to cope with my Cryix CPU I now believe
that currently, to the best of my knowledge, Cryix CPU's & NetBSD
don't mix.  So, I was wondering, what is the exact problem with
the netbsd kernel code, Cryix cache, and whatever else that may play
a factor in the current bugs?

Things I've witnessed:
1/	Irratic seg faults in programs
	Example:  /bin/csh dumps core, next boot it's okay
2/	Numerous lost inodes & corrupt files
	Example: fsck -p on bootup says to run fsck manually
		 I run fsck manually "fsck /dev/rxxyz" and everything
		 appears okay or I end up losing a dir hierarchy or
		 file system
3/	Strange boots
	Example: During device detection during bootup, the thing panics
		 and locks and/or reboots

Is there anything I can do or help with?  I don't know the exact problem
or where it collides with the kernel code so I'm unable to try to debug
this stuff (aside from locore.s).

--
----
Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg		      SAIC UNIX Systems Admin Dude