Subject: Re: NFS problems with sunos machines to netbsd sparc
To: None <mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>
From: David S. Miller <davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1994 09:28:49
   Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 07:33:32 -0500
   From: der Mouse <mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>
   Cc: current-users@netbsd.org, port-sparc@netbsd.org

   (I assumme this is about getting a NetBSD machine to boot diskless off
   a SunOS machine.)

No, actually it is about getting a NetBSD machine to run an
automounter to a sunos machine that will only allow nfs activity over
priviledged ports. But both can cause similar problems.

   I agree.  I had a similar problem, except I needed to specify "don't
   connect the socket" (NFSMNT_NOCONN, I think it is).

   > Is there a kernel compile time option to set priviledged port nfs
   > usage by default in Netbsd?

   There wasn't.  I added one but was told something along the lines of
   "there's no need for it", meaning presumably that that person saw no
   need for it, and that there were too many kernel config options already
   (though what problem one more would introduce was never explained,
   especially since if unspecified the default is the current behavior).
   I'll be glad to send the patches to anyone who wants them.

Could you please post the patch so I can see if it solves my problem :>

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu