Subject: gettytab
From: Dave Leonard <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1994 23:31:52

I'm using a dumb terminal at the moment on this mac IIsi. My cables don't
have a CD line, and the terminal doesn't generate one. Unless CLOCAL is
enabled, its unusable.

I have looked in the manuals, and even grepped the source to getty, but
can find no way to specify clocal in gettytab, and therefore, when I boot
a kernel that is sensitive to DCD (as older ones weren't) I can't login.

Help! Why can't I specify clocal in a gettytab field. Even recompiling
to change TTYDEFS to include CLOCAL doesn't help because getty zaps that.

David Leonard
The University of Newcastle            4th year Engineering/CompSci student