Subject: Re: Odd tty behaviour with telnet/rlogin
To: None <>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1994 08:45:17

James> mathew green sez:
>> never seen it with rlogin, but i've heard weird stories about
>> rlogin lossage and weird *local* tty modes...

James> yes. I rlog'd in to a Sun last night, and got ^A as my eof
James> character.

I haven't followed this thread, but I can tell where ^A as eof
character normally comes from.  On termio systems the slot of c_cc
that determines the eof chacter in icanon mode is overloaded to mean
the VMIN parameter in non icanon mode.  This parameter normally is
"1", which corresponds to ASCII ^A.  So, if some program goes from
non-canonical to canonical input processing without setting the
eof character it'll remain an ^A, which may be what you were seeing.

I have no idea if this is relevant to this thread, excuse me if I'm
out of line.

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email:
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden