Subject: Re: GCC 2.6.0/2.6.1
To: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@nirvana.good.com>
From: Bakul Shah <bakul@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/1994 12:47:16
I found it easier to just replace include/stddef.h with the one
from /usr/include/stddef.h as looking at #ifdef FOO #ifndef
FOO_T #ifdef _FOO_T_ etc. gave me a real headache.

On a somewhat related topic:
Anyone has tried teaching lcc-3.1 to generate *BSD friendly code
(for the 386 arch.)?  It is a real pleasure to see a single
compiler binary that can generate code for MIPS/SPARC/X86 and
weighs in under 256K, runs much quicker than gcc and generates
pretty good code.  The codegen is generated from a machine
definition so presumably one can teach it more tricks and get
better quality code. *And* it is not copylefted.

Bakul