Subject: Re: ORACLE on ISCB with NetBSD 1.0
To: Juergen Baier <jurgen.baier@capps.cim.ch>
From: Scott Bartram <scottb@orion.osoft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/1994 09:40:22
In message <199411161008.LAA11529@risc1.ccso.cim.ch>Juergen Baier writes
>My NetBSD/i386 1.0 seems to work with some smaller SCO 3.2 v 4.2 programms,
>but the big stuff like ORACLE 7.0.16 doesn't like to run.
>
>The error message is:
>
>Bus error (core.dumped)
>
>Did someone try this also?
>Could someone explain the Error Message?
>Or is this just impossible?

I have not tried Oracle although I *know* Informix runs correctly under
1.0.

The error could be caused by many things but unfortunatley it is not
very helpful in debugging the problem by itself. If you really want to
try and make Oracle work, re-compile your kernel with "options KTRACE",
run the Oracle process using "ktrace -id <process>", and mail me the
resulting ktrace.out file.

scott
Scott Bartram                    Pulse Systems             301-470-6000
scottb@pulse-sys.com             12101 Indian Creek Court
uunet!deneb!scottb               Beltsville, MD 20705