Subject: sigsetjmp (), siglongjmp ()
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Champion <srcF93@hamp.hampshire.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1994 21:58:02
	I have been trying to compile Elm 2.4, and have found a problem that
is currently preventing me from linking.

	Specifically, the symbols _siglongjmp and _sigsetjmp are not defined.
I looked into this and found in /usr/include/setjmp.h that siglongjmp ()
and sigsetjmp () are not currently implemented.
	I have little knowledge of the system at this level, and was
wondering a few things about this:

	setjmp.h does define placeholders, but since my problem in linking,
is the lack of their implementation (and possibly non-existence in the
kernel/libs) the cause of the Undefined Symbol errors?

	If they aren't implemented, why don't the man pages reflect this?

	Is there a way to work around this problem - ie had anyone managed
to compile elm or other software requiring these functions/symbols?

/*   Stephen Champion                  |       Amiga 3000/25        */
/*   SChampion@Hamp.Hampshire.edu      |        NetBSD 1.0          */
/*   Hampshire College - Amherst, MA   | Steve@eth217.hampshire.edu */
#include "Text:Legal/Standard_Disclaimer"