Subject: NetBSD-1.0: lppanic
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 11/06/1994 21:07:41
Well, after a power failure today, I decided to bite the bullet and
update to 1.0 (I have the Oct24 binaries). Install went fine except
that load_tape failed due to tar or some other bit being not found...
So I mounted my old fs's and used the old binaries to load the tape...
After that everything came up niceley. Until I decided to lpr my old
cat old_fstab > /dev/lpt0 worked fine except that I need a filter to
make the lj respect nl instead of cr. So I grabbed my old lpr
filters, and printcap etc and did:
a few seconds later I was greeted by,
lppanic: timeout table full
Note that cat > /dev/lpt0 worked fine.
It is possible - though I'll need to risk another crash to check (I'm
back running a Feb12 system now) that the printer was off line when
lpd was doing its stuff (as I had to manually eject the page after cat
> /dev/lpt0). Even so, a painc is a bit rich for having the printer
I'll try again later and see how we go.
No I handn't got as far as unpacking the src so I've not looked for
the bug myself.