Subject: Re: Curses programs set terminal to 7 bit
To: None <Mike.Long@analog.com, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/1994 00:37:50
Mike Long wrote:
> Look through the source for the affected programs for '#include
> <sgtty.h>' directives.  If found, port the affected code to use
> termios.h (and/or get the author/maintainer to do it).  The old
> sgtty.h interface is not eight-bit clean.

Huh? Did anybody actually go through the trouble to *break* sgtty?
AFAIK, sgtty has been "8-bit clean" at least since V7. (Before that it
may not have existed, I don't know, V7 is the first Unix version I met)

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl     Ooey-Gooey-Fluffy-Barfie
\X/ I'm not weird, I'm differently percepted. D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96