Subject: Re: XFree86 3.1 sources
To: Gordon Ross <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: I can teach you how to fish... <email@example.com>
Date: 11/04/1994 11:58:04
Well, I would hate to have to look at it this way, but assuming that one
could drag it over, is it static enough at this point that someone
could do so and split it out manually...? I would volunteer for this if
I had a site I could offer as a mirror; unfortunately, I do not.
"If you want to get anything done you have to do it yourself."
- anonymous (or unknown)
#define AUTHOR "firstname.lastname@example.org (Gordon W. Ross)"
* > Date: Fri, 4 Nov 94 09:30:48 EST
* > From: email@example.com (John F. Woods)
* > Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
* > Precedence: list
* > I just ftp'd the source for XFree86 3.1 from ftp.iastate.edu, and I was
* > absolutely shocked by the total size of the tar file: 46MB, compressed.
* > Is all of the stuff in there absolutely necessary? Does anyone know what
* > the minimum amount of space needed to build XFree86 3.1 is?
* While the XFree86 team has done very good work, it has always annoyed
* me that they have not taken the trouble to isolate their work into
* specific areas of the X sources. Their changes are all over the place,
* so their distribution ends up being essentially an entire X distribution.
* I've brought this up with them, and they don't care.
* Gordon Ross
#undef AUTHOR /* "email@example.com (Gordon W. Ross)" */
_______Wizardry is dead._____ _____WHO: Greywolf (my nameplate even says so)
/ ___\ _ \ __\ V / \ / /__ \| | __/WHAT: UNIX System Mangler...er, Admin
\ \| | < _| ` ' \ '` / \/ /|_| _/ WHERE: Autodesk, Inc. 3 Harbor Dr.
\___|_|\_\__\|_| \/\/ \__/___/_| Sausalito, CA 94965 (415) 332-2344 x4219
see also: firstname.lastname@example.org