Subject: Shared library strangeness
To: None <>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1994 06:24:28
Here's an odd one.  I was compiling a curses app on NetBSD and it
compiled and linked with no errors but when I ran it I got an undefined
symbol (_tgetent) error.  With a little experimentation I determined
that I needed termlib as well as curses.  The reference to tgetent,
according to the error message, was in the curses library.  Somehow I
was able to compile and link without the linker catching the unresolved
external.  Since the fix is to change the makefile to what it should
have been in the first place I don't suppose this is critical but it can
probably be an annoyance as new users try to debug their programs.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain (  |
Planix, Inc.                        |   Democracy is three wolves and a
Toronto, Ontario, Canada            |   sheep voting on what's for dinner.
+1 416 424 2871  (DoD#0082) (eNTP)  |