Subject: Re: ps/2 driver
To: current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1994 19:39:43
I wrote:
> Has anybody got the ps/2 mouse driver works on NetBSD-current/i386
> whith Xfree 2.1 or 3.1 ? The kernel finds the ps/2 at irq 5,
> i can start X, but i can't move the cursor or get anything whith
> the mouse button.
> I've put:
> device     pms0    at isa? port "IO_KBD" irq 5
> in my config file and
> ps/2 "/dev/pms0"
> in my Xconfig file (Xfree 2.1).

There were two problems:
	The proper irq for ps/2 is 12 and not 5, as said in the ALL file (at last
mine, which comes from tar_file of 09/10/94). The kernel didn't complain
about this.
	There sould be "busmouse" in the Xconfig file, and not ps/2.

My mouse works fine now, thanks to all who anserwed me.

--
Manuel Bouyer, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees, Paris
email: bouyer@ensta.fr