Subject: Re: ps/2 driver
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1994 11:06:41
>Has anybody got the ps/2 mouse driver works on NetBSD-current/i386
>whith Xfree 2.1 or 3.1 ? The kernel finds the ps/2 at irq 5,
>i can start X, but i can't move the cursor or get anything whith
>the mouse button.
>I've put:
>device     pms0    at isa? port "IO_KBD" irq 5
>in my config file and
>ps/2 "/dev/pms0"
>in my Xconfig file (Xfree 2.1).

Isn't a PS/2 mouse supposed to be at IRQ 12?

Anyway, as was posted when I asked the same question, use device
"busmouse" in your Xconfig/XF86config file, not ps/2.

   Michael L. VanLoon     michaelv@HeadCandy.com     michaelv@iastate.edu
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.
     Working NetBSD ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4c, PC532
               In progress: DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), VAX, Sun4m