Subject: Re: Paralell IP Protocol (via par. LapLink cable)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sran230.sra.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1994 05:57:16
> Now I'm on this notebook and we don't have any drivers for any parallel
> ethernet adapter as far as I know. So I started experimenting with a
> driver.

We (Katsuo Senmyo and I) wrote a driver of D-Link DE600 Parallel port
Ethernet LAN Adapter for NetBSD-1.0. We will announce alpha test to
this mailing-list, when we are ready to alpha release (If someone want
to use it).

But I cannot recommend you to buy a DE600, because it seems to be
BAD hardware, so we should do a terrible dirty hack to use it.
(When I checked Linux version of DE600 driver, they'd done similar hack
as ours) According to Linux driver, DE620 is better hardware than
DE600, but we don't have DE620 to write driver. :-<
--
soda@sra.co.jp		Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
(Noriyuki Soda)		   software tools and technology group