Subject: Re: possible printer problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/1994 20:18:12
> > re: resetting printers.  For my DeskJet500, I use /dev/lpa0np:
> > crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   16, 192 Oct 17 10:33 /dev/lpa0np
> >
> > which is a polled driver, with no reset on open.  Seems to work mostly
> > fine (occasional lost characters, alas, but quite infrequently).
> >

> I have switched over to this device, and it seems to work flawlessly for
> me.  No more wiping out the last half of a page of text when printing,
> or any of the other annoying little problems I was having.  The comments
> in the source seemed (to me anyway) to imply that this 'non reset'
> device was the resetting device.  Probably just me.

Hello, on a related note, I was wondering if anyone knew how to set
the dj500 (plus) to use drft instead of letter quality from remote.. I
found one util which allowed to cange to letter quality, but dir not
appear to go the other way..

thanks

later

bart niswonger

finger me |  One day he found, topped with a smutty grin,   |	from:
for the	  |  The small corpse of a monkey, partly eaten.    |	 Anthony HHecht
rest.  	  |  Force of the sun had split the bluish skin,    |
	  |  Which, by their questioning and entering in,   |	 Alceste in the
	  |  A swarm of bees had been concerned to sweeten. |	  Wilderness

		      My PGP public key opinion.