Subject: Re: Question: mount_msdos
To: VaX#n8 <email@example.com>
From: UNIX hacker and security officer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 11/02/1994 09:40:30
(I think this belongs in a FAQ somewhere...)
Actually the offset is not a hard 32, but the offset in sectors of one
track, since track 0 is apparently reserved for the MBR and such.
This only applies if the DOS partition is the first thing on the disk;
otherwise there's no (discernible) problem. From what I can tell, anyway...
#define AUTHOR "email@example.com (VaX#n8)"
* I posted the solution to this not a week ago. I had the same problem.
* And to think a few people thought it was inappropriate to post to the mailing
* list, hmmph.
* Solved by putting offset 32 on partition H.
* Does your version of disklabel not properly install the fstype=MS-DOS also?
* I tried to file a bug report on that but it may not have gone through.
* Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
#undef AUTHOR /* "email@example.com (VaX#n8)" */
_______Wizardry is dead._____ _____WHO: Greywolf (my nameplate even says so)
/ ___\ _ \ __\ V / \ / /__ \| | __/WHAT: UNIX System Mangler...er, Admin
\ \| | < _| ` ' \ '` / \/ /|_| _/ WHERE: Autodesk, Inc. 3 Harbor Dr.
\___|_|\_\__\|_| \/\/ \__/___/_| Sausalito, CA 94965 (415) 332-2344 x4219
see also: firstname.lastname@example.org