Subject: Re: rm
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1994 14:05:26
[ On Sun, October 30, 1994 at 18:46:12 (-0800), John Nemeth wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: rm
>
> themselves.  When I program on a BSD system, I expect it to behave in
> a certain way, this includes haveing things like setre[ug]id doing
> something useful.  I know this isn't an overly popular opinion, but
> every time I make a post like this, I do get mail from people agreeing
> with me, so I can't be totally out to lunch.

Just remember that when you're programming on a NetBSD-1.0 system, you
are *not* programming on what is traditionally known of as a "BSD"
system.  The 4.4Lite based systems are more POSIX compliant than
anything else (from the API p.o.v. anyway).

See my previous note about rm from the original thread for exactly
what's going on with "rm -rf /dir/".

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP		robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; UniForum Canada <woods@uniforum.ca>