Subject: aha0: host_stat 1a
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Cuccia <cuccia@Talamasca.Berkeley.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1994 23:04:16
When I try to boot a kernel from the 10/25 sources on my system (386-33 with
an Adaptec 1542B, two disk drives (Seagate Wren IV internal, Seagate ST42400N
external)), it fails consistently.  The kernel successfully polls all configured
adapters, but does not see either hard drive, instead printing eight of the
following:

	aha0: host_stat 1a

Of course, the system cannot chdir to root, and thus falls into the debugger.

I'm currently running a netbsd-current release dating back to March or April;
a May release (one of the early 0.9b trees) failed to boot with the same
message.

Any ideas where I can look, either hardware or software, in order to figure
this out?

Thanks,
--Nick