Subject: Re: Inverse video goes black on black
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1994 11:44:19
> Every once in a while. I will run a program that causes my inverse video
> to 'go away'.

> Anything that produces a special character ends up producing a dark spot
> on the screen.  The problem is that the man pages all use this feature
> to show off the options and names of different arguments.  Thus, now
> that my 'terminal' is in this odd state, I can't read a man page to save
> my sanity.  Anyone have a one word answer for a command that will turn
> the highlighting back on?

I too, have experienced a situation where the console (pccons with
TERM=pc3) gets confused and the yellow highlight becomes dark blue.

Solution. Run `reset'. The reset_terminal (or whatever it's called)
entry in the termcap for pc3 was modified a while ago to fix this.

Now, if you're experiencing this something other than the console, I
can't help...

--
Luke Mewburn, <lm@cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
`Think of it as Evolution in Action.' - "Oath of Fealty", Niven & Pournelle