Subject: Re: Question: mount_msdos
To: Open Carefully -- Contents Under Pressure <greywolf@autodesk.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1994 20:44:18
>Apparently mount_msdos is meant for floppies only?  Why so?  I would
>really like to be able to mount my C: partition as an msdos filesystem
>(would have saved me a LOT of trouble yesterday).

Works great for me ... I do it every day :-)

It's relatively simple:

1) use the NetBSD fdisk to find the block offset and size of your MS-DOS
   partition.

2) "disklabel -e sd0/wd0/whatever", and add a new Unix partition with the
   above offset and size.  One tip:  Be sure to change the "n partitions"
   line to reflect the new total number of partitions that you have, else
   you get a confusing error message.

3) mount -t msdos /dev/sd0f, or whatever.

--Ken