Subject: Re: sup service to NetBSD-1.0
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/1994 16:48:47
	I notice, by reading in the comp.386bsd.announce group, that there is not
an announcement saying that 1.0 has even been released yet.  What is all
this talk of 1.0+ when 1.0 isn't even out the door yet?  I realize that
there are changes that need to happen and tat some of those changes will
happen after the 1.0 ship date, whatever that is, but why are people
worried about the 1.0+ sup and ftp trees when 1.0 is still in the bag?  Is
there some announcement I missed?  Has a final release date been agreed to?
I assume that since the install and docs are mostly written, that the
release is "real close now", but does this mean that there is now a firm
date?  Like, say, Thanksgiving, (November 24, for the non-us folks, :))
I'm sure that Chris will announce the 1.0 release before he announces the
one-week warning to sup now or be forever current.  Can anyone on the core,
Chris, Charles, etc. confirm or deny this plan of attack?
-thanks
-Brian