Subject: Re: Swapping to vnodes
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1994 23:19:19
In Message <199410261753.NAA13856@epiwrl.entropic.com> ,
   Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com> wrote:

=>>   Is there some magic to get the system to swap to a vnode device?
=>>I can get it to mount if I fudge an /etc/disktab entry and run
=>>newfs on it, but swapon refuses to see it:
=>
=>You didn't used to be able to swap to vnd's at all, but I _think_ that was
=>fixed (check out the devices file in conf, or maybe the devices.i386).  But
=>the most important thing is to build a kernel with the following line:
=>
=>config netbsd root on sd0 swap on sd0 and vnd0
=>
=>(or whatever ... might be "vn0").
=>
   It was vnd0, and that (and making sure I reference /dev/vnd0b)
seems to have done it. Thanks.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts