Subject: Re: Swapping to vnodes
To: Ken Hornstein <>
From: Gary D. Duzan <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1994 23:19:19
In Message <> ,
   Ken Hornstein <> wrote:

=>>   Is there some magic to get the system to swap to a vnode device?
=>>I can get it to mount if I fudge an /etc/disktab entry and run
=>>newfs on it, but swapon refuses to see it:
=>You didn't used to be able to swap to vnd's at all, but I _think_ that was
=>fixed (check out the devices file in conf, or maybe the devices.i386).  But
=>the most important thing is to build a kernel with the following line:
=>config netbsd root on sd0 swap on sd0 and vnd0
=>(or whatever ... might be "vn0").
   It was vnd0, and that (and making sure I reference /dev/vnd0b)
seems to have done it. Thanks.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts