Subject: Re: Kernel build; different problem now. *sigh*.
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solutions.solon.com>
From: Greg Spiegelberg <gspiegel@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/1994 21:26:58
# Okay, I installed the Oct 15th include files, and now the kernel builds.
# Builds, except for the link, that is.
#
# I'm not going to quote all 256 lines of undefined symbols; just that 'start'
# is one of them, and it goes from there.  This is after make clean; make
# depend; make.
#
# It wouldn't build if I had KGDB defined.  I'm wondering if there are other
# things I shouldn't be using.  The errors seem to have mostly to do with
# fpsp.o, anything with 'vfs' in its name, and, well, just about everything.
#

I dunno the exact way that we're suppose to do re-compiles but here's
the order that I use and it works.

>From the ../compile/MY.KERNEL
make clean
sh /sys/conf/newvers.sh
make depend
make

I have had conflicts and undefined var's & func's before but that was
mostly due to my bad configuration.

--
----
Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg		      SAIC UNIX Systems Admin Dude