Subject: Re: Kernel build; different problem now. *sigh*.
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Greg Spiegelberg <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/1994 21:26:58
# Okay, I installed the Oct 15th include files, and now the kernel builds.
# Builds, except for the link, that is.
# I'm not going to quote all 256 lines of undefined symbols; just that 'start'
# is one of them, and it goes from there.  This is after make clean; make
# depend; make.
# It wouldn't build if I had KGDB defined.  I'm wondering if there are other
# things I shouldn't be using.  The errors seem to have mostly to do with
# fpsp.o, anything with 'vfs' in its name, and, well, just about everything.

I dunno the exact way that we're suppose to do re-compiles but here's
the order that I use and it works.

>From the ../compile/MY.KERNEL
make clean
sh /sys/conf/
make depend

I have had conflicts and undefined var's & func's before but that was
mostly due to my bad configuration.

Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg		      SAIC UNIX Systems Admin Dude
RidgeNet, Ridgecrest, Ca.
	 My views are hardly reasonable or credible thus are
		contrary to others including SAICs.