Subject: dd_rewind: Fuller documentation.
To: None <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1994 20:31:00
This occurs using the October 15th (or so) version of current source, as
seen on
/usr/src/lib/libc$ make
-c /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/closedir.c
/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/closedir.c: In function `closedir':
/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/closedir.c:53: structure has no member named `dd_rewind'
*** Error code 1

$ ls -l gen/closedir.c
-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel  2423 Jul 27 09:39 gen/closedir.c
$ sed -n -e '51,55p' gen/closedir.c
	int fd;

	seekdir(dirp, dirp->dd_rewind); /* free seekdir storage */
	fd = dirp->dd_fd;
	dirp->dd_fd = -1;
$ ...

... Looking in the relevant header (forget which it is) confirms no member

Is anyone getting this to build?  If so, where are they getting the more
recent include files or closedir?  (If it's the includes, where do I get
new includes?  I assume they're not in the src distributions...)

I've been hoping to rebuild my system completely, and eventually, to go
over all the system libs with gcc2.6 -O3 or something like... performance
is a slight issue for me. :)

Thanks for any assistance.  What precisely is happening with this one is
beyond me; I don't grok the DIR's, whatever they are.