Subject: dd_rewind: Fuller documentation.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solutions.solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1994 20:31:00
This occurs using the October 15th (or so) version of current source, as
seen on ftp.netbsd.org.
/usr/src/lib/libc$ make
cc -O -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_SCCS -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DPOSIX_MISTAKE
-c /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/closedir.c
/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/closedir.c: In function `closedir':
/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/closedir.c:53: structure has no member named `dd_rewind'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

$ ls -l gen/closedir.c
-rw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel  2423 Jul 27 09:39 gen/closedir.c
$ sed -n -e '51,55p' gen/closedir.c
	int fd;

	seekdir(dirp, dirp->dd_rewind); /* free seekdir storage */
	fd = dirp->dd_fd;
	dirp->dd_fd = -1;
$ ...

... Looking in the relevant header (forget which it is) confirms no member
dd_rewind.

Is anyone getting this to build?  If so, where are they getting the more
recent include files or closedir?  (If it's the includes, where do I get
new includes?  I assume they're not in the src distributions...)

I've been hoping to rebuild my system completely, and eventually, to go
over all the system libs with gcc2.6 -O3 or something like... performance
is a slight issue for me. :)

Thanks for any assistance.  What precisely is happening with this one is
beyond me; I don't grok the DIR's, whatever they are.

-s