Subject: buslogic bt445c/s
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/1994 18:48:57
I have been using a BT445S in a 16M system successfully.  I am told
that this board does not support >16M without an upgrade (is this a
firmware or a hardware fix?).  I recently got a new BT445C (which is
alleged to work with >16M) but I'm getting this error when then fsck
starts I get 1-3 messages like this:

Oct 22 15:47:27 white /netbsd: bt0: mbi at 0xf86709f4 should be found, stat=81..resync

the address varies, but is always something like 0xf86709xx.
Typically the system will hang somewhat later, though ocasionally it
hangs right when fsck starts.

This is from kernel sources supped fri Oct 21.  The system has 16M of
RAM and an Intel 486dx2-66.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the above is telling me?

Thanks bunches!

--
Dave Cornejo                                There is nothing so subtle
Dogwood Media                                           as the obvious